Camp will operate in accordance In accordance with ACA, CDC and NY Health department guidelines for controlling transmission of Covid virus. These are guidelines that were successfully used by camps that operated during the summer of 2021 and 2022. While the guidelines are rapidly evolving to reflect the current science this is what to expect based on the latest plans endorsed by the ACA, CDC and NY Health Dept. These can change anytime so please check this page for any updates.
International Riding Camp Covid Guidelines
- All forms must be submitted before camp.
- Campers and staff will be required to have a negative PCR test 72 hours before arrival at camp and the negative results transmitted to camp via email before being admitted to camp.
- Parents and non campers are requested to stay with their vehicle while being checked in. After an initial health screening , a counselor will bring the camper and luggage to her room and help them unpack.
- On arrival at camp, campers will get a temperature check and observed for Covid symptoms.
- Campers will also be tested with a non invasive saliva antigen test. If the test is positive, camper will be sent home to get PCR test to confirm test result or they may stay in one of our quarantine quarters while awaiting results of PCR test.
Additional saliva antigen testing will be done on the 4tth day of camp for staff and staff and once a week during the rest of each camper’s session.
- There will be daily health screenings with temperature and symptom checks of campers and staff Anyone exhibiting infectious disease symptoms will be isolated in our camp’s quarantine quarters.
- We REQUIRE our staff be vaccinated and that campers be vaccinated as well. Our counselors will be trained in Covid -19 mitigation practices and supervise campers on proper procedures.
- Most of our activities will be outdoors so we anticipate very few times when campers will have to wear a mask. Campers will not be required to wear a mask when riding, swimming in the pool or water skiing. Social distancing will be observed at all times while participating in these activities Masks willl be required for piano lessons and while tacking up your horse if you are being assisted by a staff member. We have a large outdoor tent with enough tables and space to maintain social distancing for all campers while dining.
- We are limiting the number of campers in each room to conform with the required space requirements of The NY Health Dept. Campers will not be required to wear masks in their “ pod” bunks. All rooms equipped with air conditioners to maximize airflow. Campers will be required to wear masks when interacting with campers in other bunks and maintaining social distancing. They will be required to wear masks when they are transported in our van for our NYC and Southampton trips.
- Campers and staff will use MEDICAL GRADE masks WHEN REQUIRED. In order to achieve a uniform line of defense against the transmission of COVID airborne droplets. PLEASE BRING ENOUGH MASKS FOR YOUR CHILD.