Covid 19 Protocols
Camp will operate in accordance In accordance with ACA, CDC and NY Health department guidelines for controlling transmission of CO-19 virus. These are guidelines that were successfully used by camps that operated during the summer of 2020. While the guidelines are rapidly evolving to reflect the current science this is what to expect based on the latest plans endorsed by the ACA, CDC and NY Health Dept.
International Riding Camp Covid Guidelines
- All forms must be submitted before camp.
- Campers and staff will be required to have a negative PCR test 72 hours before arrival at camp and the negative results transmitted to camp via email before being admitted to camp.
- Parents and non campers are requested to stay with their vehicle while being checked in. After an initial health screening , a counselor will bring the camper and luggage to her room and help them unpack.
- On arrival at camp, campers will get a temperature check and observed for Covid symptoms.
- Campers will also be tested with a non invasive saliva antigen test. If the test is positive, camper will be sent home to get PCR test to confirm test result or they may stay in one of our quarantine quarters while awaiting results of PCR test.
Additional saliva antigen testing will be done on the 4tth day of camp for staff and staff and once a week during the rest of each camper’s session.
- There will be daily health screenings with temperature and symptom checks of campers and staff Anyone exhibiting infectious disease symptoms will be isolated in our camp’s quarantine quarters.
- We recommend that our staff be vaccinated and that campers who are eligible be vaccinated as well. Our counselors will be trained in Covid -19 mitigation practices and supervise campers on proper procedures including washing hands frequently and mask wearing protocols.
- Most of our activities will be outdoors so we anticipate very few times when campers will have to wear a mask. Campers will not be required to wear a mask when riding, swimming in the pool or water skiing. Social distancing will be observed at all times while participating in these activities Masks willl be required for piano lessons and while tacking up your horse if you are being assisted by a staff member. We have a large outdoor tent with enough tables and space to maintain social distancing for all campers while dining.
- We are limiting the number of campers in each room to conform with the required space requirements of The NY Health Dept. Campers will not be required to wear masks in their “ pod” bunks. All rooms equipped with air conditioners to maximize airflow. Campers will be required to wear masks when interacting with campers in other bunks and maintaining social distancing. They will be required to wear masks when they are transported in our van for our NYC and Southampton trips.
- Campers and staff will use only Sonovia masks In order to achieve a uniform line of defense against the transmission of CO-19 airborne droplets We researched dozens of mask companies and we have determined that the Sonovia mask meets our standards of a science based cloth mask that is easily washable and breathable. It has 97% efficacy against airborne particle of 3PPM with 99.99% efficacy against viruses according to tests performed by independent laboratories in Europe and the USA. The fabric used in Sonovia masks is treated with a patented process using high velocity sono blasts to embed nanoparticles into the fabric that results in 99.9% effecacy against Co’19 We will be supplying 3 Sonovia masks for our campers and staff. They may be washed up to 55 times without losing effectiveness.